Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Compassion

Abdias (Compassion International) 
We received  a letter last week from our sponsored child: Abdias - We read the letter to the children during children's worship. If your child missed the letter I wanted to pass along the details:

From Abdias:

I live in the mountains.  My mom's name is Sophonie.  My best friend's name is Anderson.  My favorite food is rice and black beans. I like to have fun the most.  My favorite verse from the Bible is Psalm 23:1.  

  • Favorites:
    • song = Ozana
    • subject = Drawing
    • game = Soccer 

His uncle who wrote the letter asked for prayer for Abdias and his school, family, and his good health. 

Thank you for the cards and pictures to send to Abdias.  I will be sending the letter tomorrow along with the cards.

I received a short article specific to Haiti - titled step into your child's world.  I will place this handout on the table with the Sunday Community Display Board.  I encourage you to take a minute with your child as you enter or leave church to look through this handout together.  

On the back of the handout are the following prayer requests for Abdias' Community:

  • Pray for parents in the urban areas to find employment to care for their children.
  • Pray for abundant harvest  for rural families who depend on farming.
  • Pray that children will have educational opportunities to overcome poverty. 
  • Pray for protection of families from natural disasters such as flooding and earthquakes.
  • Pray for Compassion staff members.
I also encourage you to check out the Compassion website at http://www.compassion.com/ to learn more about other children that need sponsored.  



No comments:

Post a Comment