Thursday, February 21, 2013

Grace Kids Update

Lenten Tree - Highly recommend!!  As a family we have been reading the children's devotions each night.  Our kids are very excited about coloring the ornaments each night for the Lenten Tree and learning about the new symbols.  Life is so busy and hectic at times but it has been a great time in our home to slow down and spend time together in God's Word. Copies are available at church along with symbol ornament handouts or you can go to the following link to purchase a copy: Lenten Tree



Sunday Community time
Explorers class: Ten Commandment Introduction - They made a traffic sign: 
Stop - Listen to God's rules
Be Slow to anger and never cruel
Go with God and He will go with you.

A fun link to share with the children about the Ten Commandments is on Youtube from the 
Go Fish Guys:  Ten Commandment Boogie

Sprouts - Continuing to work on memorizing Psalm 23
This week they made these puppets (this set colored by my little guy) to go along with the Finger Puppet Skit (From the workbook The Lord is My Shepherd  by David and Helen Haidle: )

Lamb:  "Mama, I'm scared.  It's dark in the valley."
Ewe: "Don't worry. Our shepherd is with us."
Lamb: "Oh, LOOK! I see a wolf hiding on the hillside."
Ewe: "Shh. Be brave. The shepherd is with us."
Lamb: "But it's so dark. I can't see where I'm going."
Ewe: "Don't be afraid. Our shepherd knows the way."
Shepherd: "Little lamb, I promise to take care of you. Don't be afraid . I'll stay with you through it all."
Lamb whispers: "Can we trust him, Mama?"
Ewe: "Oh, yes. I've been through the dark valley several times. He's always kept me safe."
Lamb: "Okay. Mama. Let's go. I'll trust him, too."

Upcoming Events:
Sunday, February 24th - All Sunday Community classes will share their memory verses with the teachers this week.  You can check out the following link for the verses for February:  The Scoop

Loving our missions partners:  This week will be the last Sunday where mission prayer cards are handed out.  Please make sure and pick up a colorful half sheet of card stock with the prayer requests listed and share with your children throughout the week.  I encourage you to think of ways to incorporate praying for our mission partners as part of your family routine. The children's worship class sponsors a child, Abdias,  through Compassion International - I know the children can continually be lifting him up in prayer.  

Found this a fitting article in light of praying for others - I am so guilty of desiring contentment and life to be easy.  If only I would take more time to see all my blessings!

Check out the following link from SignUp Genius for details about the Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday, March 24th from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment