Thursday, February 7, 2013

Parenting Article & Lenten Tree Ideas

Good article to check out - it is worth a minute or two of your time :)  This article is from: http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/



On a separate note....
This is an example of my simple Lenten Tree - I was so excited when I found this branch - simple things!!!  I decided to add a couple ornaments ahead of time to share with you how our family was going to display the ornaments.  I will begin the Lenten Tree Devotional Book with my family next week on Ash Wednesday.  If you choose to do the Lenten Tree Devotions and Ornaments please pass along how you displayed the ornaments.  I am always looking for new ideas.  

Thanks to Sarah for sharing the following idea for the Lenten Tree Ornaments: 
She cut them out and colored coded them with construction paper according to the book's categories on pg 10 (Using purple for "who Christ is", green for "His ministry on earth", red for "foretelling of his blood sacrifice", and yellow for" the events leading to His death and resurrection"). Then she wrote each day's description under each (according to the headings on pg 5 like "Jesus in the wilderness" for #2) and laminated them. Their plan is to attach the ornaments to a brown cross on the wall and use them year after year.  Love this idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment