Monday, September 28, 2015

Sunday Communities and Children's Worship

Preschool Class having fun with shaving cream!!

Activity:  Finger Paint Faces - The children were making happy and sad faces with the shaving cream. They discussed how it makes God sad when we disobey and then they wiped away the sad faces.  They discussed how when we feel sad for doing wrong things, God is pleased.  The truth and reminder they heard:  
God will always love us and forgive us!

Here are the memory verses for the first Unit.  We will begin Unit 2 on November 1st
Please note that each unit is divided into 6 lessons. 
October 25th = Memory Verse Recitation

Preschool
Unit 1: Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.  His love endures forever. - Psalm 136:1, NIV

Kindergarten & 1st Grade
Unit 1: Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.  His love endures forever. - Psalm 136:1, NIV

2nd & 3rd Grade  
Unit 1:  Genesis 9:12-13, NIV And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come:  I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.”

4th & 5th Grade
Unit 1:  Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.  Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.  Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. - Psalm 51: 10-12, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment